SEEKING MOTIVATED, DETAIL ORIENTED, & DRIVEN INDIVIDUALS
The success of Paradigm Construction begins with talented, committed people. But working with us means far more than that. We are a Christian based family focused company that invests in our employees creating a culture of unique perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are looking to build your career to a higher standard, then Paradigm might be the place for you.
Senior Project Manager
This senior level position will be responsible for all phases of project delivery and contribute to Paradigm Construction’s development and client satisfaction.
- Manage the entire construction project from design to completion in accordance with the owner’s objections and contract agreements
- Understand all the requirements, documents, contracts, subcontract agreements and project drawings
- Responsible for scheduling and estimating the time required to complete projects on time and on budget
- Monitor and direct the progress of construction project
- Manage change management process
- Schedule and attend meetings and required inspections
- Ensure the construction resources are used to capacity and efficiently
- Ensure all safety precautions are adhered to by construction workers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Work with the accounting team to ensure billing and projections are completed accurately and on time and update management on progress of project
- Monitor the compliance of set regulations
- Maximize profitability on project through efficiency and material cost savings
- Develop the project team through coaching and training while giving timely feedback
- Develop and/or improve owner, architect, vendor and subcontractor relationships
- Support Paradigm’s initiatives and process improvements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, plans, drawings, specifications and project schedules
- Knowledgeable in all construction trades and understand construction terms and concepts
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients, architects/engineers and other team members in a professional manner
- Must be professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgement and discretion
- Must be client facing with the ability to interview for projects and represent Paradigm Construction in a professional manner
- Proficiency with technology, to include computers, smart phones and/or tablets, computer programs including Excel, Word and construction industry software
- Ability to train subordinates and provide guidance to progress in career growth
- Ability to manage a project team when needed
- Minimum of 10 + years experience in this position or a similar role
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use their fingers to type, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to focus.
This position operates in both a professional office environment and at a construction job site trailer. This role will use office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and/or printers.
Superintendent Job Description:
Superintendents exercise direct supervision over assigned projects from start to finish, providing direction, leadership, and guidance to employees and subcontractors, assisting them in planning, coordination and execution of their work in order to complete the project in a timely and economical manner with high standards of workmanship. Responsible for maximizing profits on assigned projects. All job site foremen and laborers report to the superintendent.
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team for multiple projects at once.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractors.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with each project schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials through various vendors and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Meeting with City or County Officials regarding Inspection approvals.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Superintendent for a General Contractor with knowledge of commercial construction from the ground up.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to schedule and manage subcontractors within very tight time frames to meet deadlines
Houston and surrounding areas
Depending on Experience
IT/ BIM Technician
IT Technician Job Purpose
The IT Technician maintains the computer networks of all types of organizations, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. The IT technician monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability and efficiency.
IT Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Trainingmore staff members as required
- Implements plans to safeguard computer data against accidental or unauthorized adaptation, destruction, disclosure, or other breach.
- Ensures system security; improves server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness.
- Collaborates with users to understand and support a variety of issues and needs including data access, security violations, and programming modifications.
- Maintains anti-virus protection systems, keeping current knowledge of the latest threats and ensuring software is appropriately updated and functional.
- Adapts and updates security processes, applications, and tools to incorporate new software and correct errors.
- Coordinates and schedules the implementation of data security protocols with internal staff and outside vendors.
- Conducts risk assessments and executes tests of data processing systems to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Ensures that confidential information being transmitted is appropriately encrypted.
- Documents policies, procedures, and tests related to computer security and emergency measures.
- Compiles evidence to be used in prosecuting cybercrimes, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Apple and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and timely response
- Thorough understanding of computer programming and risk management.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems, including firewalls, password protection and authentication, and site-specific controls on physical access to computers.
- Excellent and constructive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
BIM Technician Job Purpose
A building information modeling (BIM) coordinator coordinates the process of generating and managing digital models of places; building information models are virtual files that help with decision-making during the building process. The building information modeling coordinator must be well-educated in not only the industry in which they works, but in architecture generally as well. Goals are to
- Reduce financial and scheduling impacts during construction by working to identify concerns early and eliminate field conflicts through 3D coordination and planning.
- Improve communication between team members and with the client by using more intuitive visual mediums in order to reduce disconnect and unify project understanding.
- Increase estimating accuracy and reduce risk by accompanying the traditional take off methods with BIM model-based quantities.
- Assist in business development and offer an improved client experience by providing illuminating visualization and planning technologies.
- Improve and develop the BIM department as construction industry technologies change and advance in the market.
BIM Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the business development process by generating illustrative and informative concept model studies, site logistic planning, and BIM proposal documentation as necessary.
- Strengthen the pre-construction effort by identifying and documenting potential constructability issues early, developing and updating project model in accordance with design changes, conducting model quantity calculations for estimation support, and assist in client relations by providing visualization and planning tools (renderings, live model editing, etc.).
- Assist in project construction by strengthening trade coordination, conducting 3D model coordination and clash detection, and providing visualization and planning tools as needed.
- Refine and advance the BIM process to effectively support our construction and business efforts through research, by growing the BIM library, and by expanding the tools available to serve and assist our construction process.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit Suite, Navisworks, AutoCAD is required
- Ability to work well as part of a team and in dependability
- Knowledge of basic design/construction processes & procedures
The Carpenter/Laborer will use woodworking skills to build and repair various structures and equipment throughout the facility. As well as maintaining a clean jobsite while performing general duties assigned by project superintendent or field foreman.
- Collaborates with employees concerning work orders, prints, and sketches to understand the structure that needs to be built or repaired.
- Estimates equipment, tool, and material requirements for each job.
- Builds, dismantles, and repairs structures, walls, roofs, glass, and siding as assigned.
- Operates all necessary tools to complete a job.
- Prepares and dismantles scaffolding as needed.
- Ensures tools and equipment are properly cleaned, stored, and maintained for optimum performance and safety.
- May perform painting as needed.
- Maintain a clean jobsite: pick up tools s and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Install temporary measures to seal building
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials
- May assist with controlling traffic
- Assist carpenters and other trades
- Hanging Doors and Installing Hardware
- Dewatering of site
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures for
- contractor self-performed work
- Other general duties as assigned by project superintendent or field foreman
- Thorough understanding of the correct and safe operation of all related tools and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to draw accurate sketches to communicate the specifications for projects.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and calculations.
- Previous experience on commercial construction projects highly preferred
- Must work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks
- Must meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to squat, lift, stretch, and bend in order to reach all areas of the facility.
- Must be able to work in and on overhead structures, as well as below machinery.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.