SEEKING MOTIVATED, DETAIL ORIENTED, & DRIVEN INDIVIDUALS
The success of Paradigm Construction begins with talented, committed people. But working with us means far more than that. We are a Christian based family focused company that invests in our employees creating a culture of unique perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are looking to build your career to a higher standard, then Paradigm might be the place for you.
We are currently looking for Superintendents to join our team.
Superintendent Job Description: Superintendents exercise direct supervision over assigned projects from start to finish, providing direction, leadership, and guidance to employees and subcontractors, assisting them in planning, coordination and execution of their work in order to complete the project in a timely and economical manner with high standards of workmanship. Responsible for maximizing profits on assigned projects. All job site foremen and laborers report to the superintendent.
- Job Location: Houston and surrounding areas
Job Pay: Depending on Experience
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team for multiple projects at once.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractors.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with each project schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials through various vendors and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Meeting with City or County Officials regarding Inspection approvals.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Superintendent for a General Contractor with knowledge of commercial construction from the ground up.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to schedule and manage subcontractors within very tight time frames to meet deadlines
The Carpenter/Laborer will use woodworking skills to build and repair various structures and equipment throughout the facility. As well as maintaining a clean jobsite while performing general duties assigned by project superintendent or field foreman.
- Collaborates with employees concerning work orders, prints, and sketches to understand the structure that needs to be built or repaired.
- Estimates equipment, tool, and material requirements for each job.
- Builds, dismantles, and repairs structures, walls, roofs, glass, and siding as assigned.
- Operates all necessary tools to complete a job.
- Prepares and dismantles scaffolding as needed.
- Ensures tools and equipment are properly cleaned, stored, and maintained for optimum performance and safety.
- May perform painting as needed.
- Maintain a clean jobsite: pick up tools s and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Install temporary measures to seal building
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials
- May assist with controlling traffic
- Assist carpenters and other trades
- Hanging Doors and Installing Hardware
- Dewatering of site
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures for
- contractor self-performed work
- Other general duties as assigned by project superintendent or field foreman
- Thorough understanding of the correct and safe operation of all related tools and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to draw accurate sketches to communicate the specifications for projects.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and calculations.
- Previous experience on commercial construction projects highly preferred
- Must work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks
- Must meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to squat, lift, stretch, and bend in order to reach all areas of the facility.
- Must be able to work in and on overhead structures, as well as below machinery.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.